In this month’s newsletter:
- Video: Ease the Stress on Your Shoulders
- Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
- Meditation with Headspace App
- Recipe: Paleo Crock Pot Chili
Ease the Stress on Your Shoulders!
In fact, you can use this approach for many reaching/lifting/carrying tasks with your arms and shoulders and it will make a big difference in your comfort and shoulder health.
September Office Hours
Check out this great info about the Webster technique from the ICPA Pathways magazine:
With the intent of supporting natural childbirth in the mid 1980s, Larry Webster, D.C., developed a chiropractic adjustment now called the Webster technique. The first and most significant observation of this adjustment was for women who were presenting breech during pregnancy. After they received the Webster adjustment, their babies turned head down. As a result, they were more likely to experience a natural childbirth that was safer and easier.
Often people will ask, “How can a chiropractic adjustment affect baby positioning?” The answer is by improving pelvic balance. When the mother’s pelvis is out of alignment, the ligaments that connect from the pelvis to the uterus increase their tension (tone) resulting in a distortion to the uterine space. Don MacDonald, D.C., offers a great analogy: “Increased tone is like sleeping in a bed with someone sitting on the sheets beside you. Can you turn over freely? No.” For the baby, the surrounding walls of the uterus tighten with pelvic imbalance, becoming more and more like tight bedsheets that restrict her motion. The chiropractic adjustment to the pelvis releases tension to the ligaments and uterus so that the baby can move freely and assume the best possible position for birth.
Williams Obstetrics tells us there are three components for a smoother birth for both mother and baby.
1. POWER: The nervous system (Power) operates in all body processes, including childbirth. For birth to proceed as it was naturally designed to, the nervous system must facilitate the transmission of information through the body. By removing interferences and imbalances to the nervous system, chiropractic care helps lead to a normal, physiological birth.
2. PASSAGE: For the baby to descend through the birth canal (Passage), the balance of the mother’s pelvis is vitally important. With chiropractic care, the muscles and ligaments of the pelvis and uterus are free to move and function for the benefit to the mother and the baby. The result is greater ease and comfort in pregnancy and birth.
3. PASSENGER: The baby (Passenger) wants to get into the best possible position to descend through the birth canal. The movements inherent to the birthing baby will be positively facilitated when the mother’s nervous system is optimally functioning and her pelvis balanced. Birth is a cooperative endeavor, where the mom and the baby play vitally connected roles.
Chiropractic Adjustments Help Headaches
I like to remind people that chiropractic is not a treatment for any particular disease or condition, but adjustments do improve neurological function in the body and this allows better healing and better health.
This is a recent study showing improvements in headaches with chiropractic care.
Want to Meditate? Use Headspace – 14 Days Free
I learned to meditate over a decade ago. I have gone through periods of great consistency and other periods without much meditation. I can tell you I feel better when I am consistent. I’m more at ease, less reactive, I feel more connected and my family notices a difference in me too.
While you don’t need any special apps to learn to meditate, sometimes guidance can help us get started or get back on track.
I am not affiliated or compensated by this company, but you can use my referral link to try the Headspace App for 14 days for free.
Recipe of the Month: Paleo Crock Pot Chili
Cooler temperatures are coming and perhaps you are in the mood for a new chili recipe?