In this month’s newsletter:
- Join us to learn great ways to improve your sleep on Tuesday, 3/10/15, at 6:00 p.m.
- Mark your calendar to attend our Posture Class with special guest instructor Chandler Stevens on Saturday, 4/11/15 at 10:00 a.m.
- Vitamin D supplementation in winter
- Fascia: Intelligent connective tissue
- Is Aspirin good for heart health?
- Recipe of the Month: Sauteed Red Cabbage with Onions and Apples
SLEEP: The Most Ignored Factor to Improving Your Health.
Join us on Tuesday 3/10/15 at 6:00 p.m. to learn how you can positively impact your health in a major way – simply by improving your sleep! In America we have a real issue with sleep deprivation. Most of us don’t even know it. We just know we don’t feel so great but we are not sure why. Often, poor sleep habits are the cause. Come to the one hour class and learn:
- why good sleep is critical, and the consequences of too little sleep
- keys to improving the quality of your sleep
- awesome health changes to expect with better sleep
- natural strategies to getting better sleep
- discussion on posture and alignment while in bed
- time for your questions
Please R.S.V.P via e-mail, or call the office. The event is free and you are welcome to bring guests.
Posture Class with Special Guest Chandler Stevens on Saturday 4/11/15 at 10:00 a.m.
Are you ready to learn some cool ways to improve your posture and feel strong, supported and comfortable? Join us at Thrive on Saturday, 4/11/15 at 10:00 a.m. for a class with special guest Chandler Stevens. Here is what you can expect:
For most folks, sitting is a fact of life, and forcing rigid posture is just as bad as slouching.What we need is a way to let the body reorganize itself to release chronic tension and strengthen weak stabilizing muscles.
To do this we need to speak the language of the brain: MOVEMENT. Once we learn a bit of this language, we’ll not only be able to HEAR the cues the body gives us (back pain, tight shoulders, etc.) but RESPOND in a way the body and brain can recognize and like.
We’ll draw from a number of disciplines: yoga, MovNat, Bones for Life, Barteneiff fundamentals to find simple solutions for poor posture and aching joints.
Please R.S.V.P. by email or phone to reserve your space. There is a $5 fee for this class, which will last about an hour.
Are You Getting Enough Vitamin D This Winter?
Remember that winter is the time we miss the Vitamin D our body can make from skin exposure to direct sunshine. Our Innate Choice Vitamin D drops will help you maintain or boost your levels. Each bottle has 500,000 IU of Vitamin D3 for $28.
Ask us for questions on dosage for youth and adults.
Fascia: Intelligent Connective Tissue
- contracts and expands
- feels without a conscious command
- is our richest sense organ
Read this article to learn more about your fascia.
Aspirin for Heart Health?
Bayer’s recent request to the FDA to change its aspirin label to indicate it could help prevent heart attacks in healthy individuals backfired. The FDA reviewed the data and denied the request.
There are plenty of safer alternatives than ‘taking an aspirin a day’ to help prevent heart disease. Read the article to learn more.
Recipe of the Month: Sauteed Red Cabbage with Onions and Apples
This recipe from Diane Sanfilippo’s Practical Paleo cookbook is a favorite at our house. Not only is it easy to make using ingredients likely on hand, it tastes delicious.