In this month’s newsletter:
- Video: Meet New Massage Therapist Cora Barnhart
- Work From Home Tips
- Dr. Zach Bush on the Ben Greenfield Podcast
- Recipe: Chicken Pesto Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Video: Meet New Massage Therapist Cora Barnhart
We welcome massage therapist Cora Barnhart to the second floor of Thrive! Cora is excited to begin serving clients at our location. You can learn more about Cora’s specialties and techniques on the Mamabear Massage website, complete with a convenient online scheduler.
I was very impressed with Cora’s touch and skill during my massage last month and recommend highly!
I am also pleased Cora has a wide variety of certifications to serve: prenatal, postnatal, Swedish, Deep Tissue and Fertility.
Work From Home Tips!
There has been a lot of attention to the challenges and changes that ‘work from home’ has brought on in 2020.
Some of these challenges involve new work spaces, new work stations, and perhaps not the most ideal ergonomic set ups at home. Of course this can result in aches, pains, stress and injuries.
Here are some ideas and tips to help!
- When you are sitting down to work, give yourself permission to shift and wiggle. Movement helps dissipate stress and tension. Lack of movement increases rigidity. (This same concept works while driving too!)
- Change positions throughout the day. If possible, can you move your laptop to a counter and stand for awhile? Could you put your device on a coffee table and sit on the floor for some time? Maybe you have an exercise ball to use also?
- Interrupt your sitting posture frequently. Water breaks, bathroom breaks, and even quick mini-exercise breaks will be awesome. Check out some of my YouTube video links for some good ones: Head Glide, Scarecrow, Upper Back and A +V. Thanks to Josh Hostetler at Breakthrough for teaching these movement patterns!
- Be aware of your breathing. We often take shorter, shallower breaths when we stare into screens. Check in with yourself to be sure you are breathing deeply and fully, lower into your lung fields.
Zach Bush, MD on the Ben Greenfield Podcast
Zach Bush, MD has some fascinating views on viruses, the pandemic, farming, climate change and more in this podcast.
Recipe: Chicken Pesto Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
This is a delicious and flavorful main course; easy to make once you have the pesto ready!