In this month’s newsletter:
- Video: My Wife Dina Haggenjos and Her Coaching Service
- Chiropractic Office Closed 10/2 through 10/6
- Space Available for Health Practitioner Upstairs
- Better Vitamin D Levels = Lower Positive Test Rates for COVID 19
- Recipe: Pumpkin Chicken Chili
Video: My Wife Dina’s Coaching Service
As she mentions in the video, you can schedule a free 15 minute call on her website to discover if she could be a good fit to help you achieve your goals.
For more information about Free Well and health coaching read about that here. If you’d like to connect feel free to contact Dina at or via the Contact page or on Instagram @myfreewell or @dina_haggenjos
Chiropractic Office Closed Dates
- The office will be closed on Friday, October 2nd and Monday, October 5th.
- ** We will be OPEN extended hours on Thursday, October 1st, both 8:30-12:30 & 2:30-6:00.** A few appointment times are still open as of sending this email!
- Shawna and Michelle will be checking messages and returning phone calls in the morning hours on Monday 10/5 and Tuesday 10/6 to help you schedule.
One Room Available on Second Floor of Office
We are very pleased that Chrisanthi Fekkos, Lauren Wales and Cora Barnhart continue to serve people on the second floor of our office. We will miss having Peter Dorsa, PT upstairs, as he will be moving on to a bigger space in January 2021.
With that said, we are looking forward to welcoming one more new practitioner to join us!
Massage therapy, physical therapy, acupuncture, nutrition, etc. – any great service in the health field will be considered.
Check out this link for more info and please pass on to anyone you know who might be interested. Thank you!
Better Vitamin D Levels = Lower Covid 19 Positive Test Rates
This new research article shows that people with poor vitamin D levels had higher positive test rates for Covid-19 than those with better vitamin D scores.
- Over 190,000 patients from all 50 states with SARS-CoV-2 results performed mid-March through mid-June, 2020 and matching 25(OH)D results from the preceding 12 months were included.
- Studies suggest an association between vitamin D deficiency and risk of viral upper respiratory tract infections and mortality from coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19). This relationship is anticipated, given that vitamin D has numerous actions affecting the innate and adaptive immune systems. Respiratory monocytes/macrophages and epithelial cells constitutively express the vitamin D receptor. Acting through this receptor, vitamin D may be important in protection against respiratory infections.
- There was an association between lower SARS-CoV-2 positivity rates and higher circulating 25(OH)D levels. The decrease in positivity rate associated with 25(OH)D levels appeared to plateau as values approached 55 ng/mL.
In the office, we have two different vitamin D supplements for sale. Innate Choice Vitamin D3 is in liquid drop from, well suited for adults and kids.Vitamin D to The Rescue capsules are also available. A friend of mine from chiropractic school founded this company and donates $5 from every bottle sold to help stop human trafficking.
Recipe: Pumpkin Chicken Chili
This healthy chili only has a few ingredients and can be made in your crockpot.