In this month’s newsletter:
- Video: Taking ‘Moments’ in Your Day
- Office Hours Changes for March
- Shakti Mat: Acupressure
- Recipe: Chicken Tortilla-less Soup
Video: Taking ‘Moments’ Throughout the Day
You might surprise yourself with how impactful adding in periodic moments of breath, moments of pause, and moments of connection during your day can be.
Physical, mental and emotional stress create tension and pain patterns along the spine, which we call subluxation in chiropractic.
Use this simple tool in the video to decrease the stress you accumulate in your body.
March Office Hour Changes
The chiropractic office will have a change in typical hours for upcoming spring break.
- Thursday 3/23: Open extra hours of 10:00 am-1:00pm in addition to the usual 2:30pm-6:00pm
- Friday 3/24: Only open 8:30 am-12:30 pm
- Closed Monday 3/27 through Friday 3/31
- Michelle and Shawna will come into the office during this week a couple of times to respond to messages and help with scheduling for when we open back up.
Shakti Mat: A Home Acupressure Experience
A couple of years ago my wife, Dina, bought me a shakti mat for my birthday. It is an easy and convenient tool to help relax, relieve painful areas, and promote better health. I use it multiple times a week for just a few minutes each time.
I like to lay on the mat and also stand on the mat. You may find the plastic pressure points are intense at first, and you can always place a thin sheet or t-shirt over the mat if you are first starting out. Typically, you will quickly adapt to the pressure points on only your skin.
On the website you will note they have mats and 1/2 cylinder pillow mats.
Let me know any questions. I suspect many of you would find it beneficial!
Recipe of the Month: Chicken Tortilla-less Soup
Try this Paleo and Whole 30 friendly version of chicken tortilla soup!