September 2022 Newsletter
We Are Looking to Add Another Chiropractor and Front Desk Support Person!
We have begun the search for a new chiropractor to join us. Whenever this happens, we will add another awesome person to help Shawna and Michelle with front desk support. Check out this video and look out for more to come!
We would love to have more days and hours available to all of you for adjustments.
We will post more specific 'hiring ads' soon, but wanted to let you all know in case you or someone you know may be interested in either the chiropractor or front desk roles at the office. Reply if interested!
A New Massage Therapist is Joining Us!
Beginning October 1st, a new massage therapist will be seeing clients in the space formerly occupied by Lauren Wales.
He has 17 years of experience and we look forward to introducing him to you all in the newsletter next month!
Did You Know: You Can Text the Office Number
Did you know that you can text the office phone number (513-723-1190) to schedule appointments, etc? Your messages come right to the computer screen for Shawna or Michelle at the front desk.
The 3 Most Common Things I Hear As a Woman’s Coach:
What They Share & Two Steps To Address
From my wife, Dina...
In this post I’ll do three things:
First, share 3 things I hear most often in coaching women.
Second, share what they have in common, and how they play out in life.
Lastly, give 2 steps to help address them - and ways you can go even further.
Michelle Ballew- Doula
A message from Michelle...
You may know me from the front desk at Thrive but I am also a full spectrum doula. I work with clients during reproductive health events, fertility, pre-natal, birth and postpartum periods. I trained and I am certified through Doulas Trainings International (DTI).
I am so very passionate about the work that I do and I am excited to share this with our wonderful clients at the office. It is very likely I have spoken to some of you about something birth adjacent before! I love answering questions and talking about why this work is so important.
I am currently taking clients for late fall/winter and into 2023.
Seasonal Allergies? Consider Natural D-Hist
Many of you with allergies have had success with a natural product we began stocking earlier this year for seasonal allergies, D-Hist. There are adult and youth versions of this product available at the office.
- Supports Immune Balance in Hypersensitive Individuals
- Supports Sinus and Respiratory Health
- Promotes Normal Viscosity of Mucus
- Supports Healthy Nasal Passages
Natural D-Hist® is a targeted blend of flavonoids, antioxidants, proteolytic enzymes and botanicals designed to provide comprehensive support for seasonal challenges caused by common environmental allergens. The formula includes quercetin, bromelain, stinging nettles leaf and N-acetyl cysteine. The powerful combination actively promotes healthy nasal and sinus passages for individuals with elevated histamine and respiratory irritation.
Article: Association of Kyphotic Posture with Loss of Independence and Mortality
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0%22%3ECC%20BY-SA%204.0%3C/a%3E,%20via%20Wikimedia%20Commons" target="_blank">https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0%22%3ECC%20BY-SA%204.0%3C/a%3E" target="_blank">Attribution
It should not come as a surprise, but here is more evidence to show that postural problems effect body function!
Key Points from this Study:
- "Kyphosis is described as an abnormal posture that develops because of the failure of the posture maintenance mechanism."
- 20%-40% of older individuals have kyphotic posture
- "There has been a growing concern regarding the association between kyphotic posture and serious health-related outcomes, such as loss of independence (LOI) and mortality."
- 17% had mild kyphotic posture:
- 17% increase in mortality
- 70% increase in loss of independence
- 12% had severe kyphotic posture:
- 99% increase in mortality
- 70% increase in loss of independence (LOI)
- "Kyphotic posture was associated with loss of independence and mortality community-dwelling older adults."
- Deleterious effects of kyphotic posture on health include:
- A decline in physical function
- Impairment in pulmonary function
- Increased pain
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease
- Poor quality of life
- Increase in falls
Recipe of the Month: Healthy, No-Bake Apple Pie Energy Bites
An easy recipe for the beginning of apple season and the transition into fall.