July 2022 Newsletter
Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art
I'm about half way through the book, Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor. It is fascinating and educational!
You can click on the video above to learn some of the recommended techniques.
One Room Available on 2nd Floor of Office in September
We are both happy and sad to announce that a room will be available soon on our second floor. Happy to welcome a new person here, but sad to see the fantastic Lauren Wales go. Actually, we are very happy for Lauren, also, as she will be moving to Florida to embark on an exciting new chapter. She will be missed greatly as an exceptional massage therapist, doula and friend.
We look forward to welcoming one more new practitioner to join us. Massage therapy, physical therapy, acupuncture, nutrition, etc. - any great service in the health field will be considered.
Check out this linkfor more info and please pass on to anyone you know who might be interested. Thank you!
Fee Change July 1st
We have increased our adult adjustment fee to $55 and youth fee to $45 effective July 1st.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you!
Special July Offer For Thrive Clients
Special July Offer For Thrive Clients
For a limited time I’ll be offering complimentary 25-minute consultations which include assessment & plan (which you receive). This first meeting is the perfect opportunity to learn more about my approach, get an assessment, learn how coaching could help your life and any goals/desires you may have, and feel out if we are a right fit for one another - plus, you can ask any questions you might have!
To schedule your complimentary consultation in-person Wednesday afternoons at the Thrive Office see this link!
To schedule your complimentary consultation virtually (a Zoom chat from the comforts of your home/office) see this link!
I specialize in helping women find their flow, and integrate the many parts of their lives with more intuition, less restriction - mind, body, nutrition, and lifestyle. There’s no obligation to sign up for coaching with this meeting, it’s simply a chance for us to learn more about one another and see "what if" ..what if now, what if in the fall, what would that be like - which is a great energy in summer with so much life and possibility happening around us. I look forward to meeting you! If you have any questions Contact me and ask away.
Chiro Care: Low Back Pain and Brain Activity
This study discusses the relationship between lower back pain and brain activity.
- "Chronic low back pain is one of the most common ailments and contributes to great socioeconomic costs around the world."
- "Spinal manipulative therapy (SMT) is one of several treatments for chronic low back pain."
- "Brain functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) has been used to study the potential alterations in brain function in patients with chronic low back pain."
- "Our results demonstrate the beneficial effects of SMT on both pain relief and brain function."
Another great source of information on the topic is the book The Brain's Way of Healing: Remarkable Discoveries and Recoveries from the Frontiers of Neuroplasticity.
- "As people become immobile, they see less, hear less, and process less new information, and their brains begin to atrophy from lack of stimulation."
- "The neoplastic systems require physical movement to generate new cells and nerve growth factor."
- "Input in the form of spinal mobility tends to decrease the central transmission of pain from adjacent spinal structures by closing the gate. Any therapy which induces motion into articulate structures will help inhibit pain transmission by this means."
Recipe of the Month: Cucumber Mango Salsa Over Pan Seared Salmon