Health Tip: What’s 'Right' for You? + Scheduling Tips for the Office
In the first half of this 3 minute video I offer a quick health tip for our current climate of uncertainty related to COVID.
To summarize, I describe how our health suffers when we spend our energy worrying or criticizing how others are choosing to navigate their path. Our health improves when we can go within, listen to our gut, and make choices best for ourselves, then show grace and understanding to those that may choose differently. Harboring resentment or anger for those that choose differently changes our physiological state into more stress, less health, more suffering and pain! The examples I mention include masks, vaccination, travel safety, etc. Do what is 'right' for you. If you wish to consider your choices compared to others' choices, is it more important to be 'right' or to be happy?
In the second part of the video, I give some tips for scheduling at the office:
- We are accepting new patients, though we do limit the numbers of new patients each day and week so that we have room for all of you! Please understand if you refer a family member or friend, we will do our best to see them as soon as possible, but it may be a week or two depending on the schedule. We always appreciate your referrals!
- We understand that sometimes a situation arises where you want an adjustment ASAP, and we almost always have same day appointments for existing clients available - if you call early enough in the day!
- Feel free to send voice messages, emails, or text messages (use the same number that you get your appointment reminder text messages) when we are closed, and Shawna or Michelle will get you scheduled first thing upon arrival.
- Even though we only do afternoon adjustments on Thursdays, Shawna is at the office by 9:30 AM on Thursdays, so you can reach out to schedule earlier.
Empower Hour Virtual Workshop on 4/27 at Noon
Did you know that your menstrual cycle has different phases - and that each phase can better empower you when you eat/think/workout with that specific phase in mind?
A dynamic group of women practitioners are offering an exciting and accessible opportunity to get to know yourself and your menstrual cycle better. There’s a reason why you may not feel the same every day - and they want to share why and how you can equip yourself to optimize your days.
Empower HOUR is a 1-hour virtual workshop aimed at helping women better understand the phases of their menstrual cycle and learn immediate ways they can empower their nutrition, mindset, and fitness (with their cycle).
- The workshop will be offered via Zoom, Tuesday, April 27, 2021, at 12 pm - 1 pm EST with a Q&A; A following. Participants can join from anywhere.
- Tickets are on sale now for $25 here
- Support materials will be provided to enhance the learning experience.
- We have a dynamic group of hosts committed to women’s wellness:
- Dina Haggenjos, MA, Women’s Coach, Certified Integrative Nutrition Health
Coach, Postpartum Doula, Founder of Free WELL
- Mindy Schlechter, MSW, Certified Life Coach, Registered Prenatal Yoga Instructor (RPYT), Founder of Effloresce Coaching
- Cori Seif, M.Ed, Exercise Physiologist, Women’s Health Specialist, Founder of Strength and Fitness by Cori
YouTube Restrictions on Baby Formula Recipe
Dr. Jockers was a classmate of mine in chiropractic school. He has built a successful practice and has a vast online presence with tons of useful, free, health and nutrition content.
I was disappointed, though not surprised, when I saw his Facebook post (see screenshot above) detailing how YouTube removed his video (and later rejected his appeal) as they said his recipe for homemade baby formula violated the "harmful and dangerous policy".
We used a similar recipe to supplement breastmilk for our twins for a little while when necessary. I researched options and thought it was the best choice for my kids. You can see the ingredients of a similar recipe here.
I don't like to focus on 'negative' news in these newsletters; yet I do want to point out that the "reach" of our technology platforms is expanding so please be aware and take note.
In recent months, we have come to expect that Facebook and YouTube and others offer their 'perspective' on the factual nature of items related to the 2020 election and to all things COVID-19. This example of the baby formula recipe removal shows even more subject matter is being restricted.
Recipe of the Month: Roasted Spring Vegetables
An easy recipe template featuring some of the best Spring vegetables.