21 Day Standard Process Purification Program
It's not too late! Join us for our annual 21-Day Plan.
Are you looking for a great way to 'reset' your health? Maybe you would like to:
- improve your health, energy, sleep and nutrition
- lose weight
- drop dependence on sugar or caffeine
- improve blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure
- join a group of people also making a 21-day commitment to better health habits.
In this video, watch for a brief explanation of the program and introduction of new shake flavor options.
The purification program is designed to give your digestive system the nutrients and rest that it needs to heal and improve function. You will eat healthy meals throughout program (it's not a fast) and also take several Standard Process supplements to help your digestive system.
I will be participating again this year as I like to give my body a healthy reset to start the year. Last year around 35 people participated in the January program with great results.
We will have a kickoff class at Thrive on January 3, 2018 at 7:00 PM. At this class we will go over the details to insure your success.
We are taking orders now for the purification kits. The total cost for the program is $209 + tax. Chocolate and Vanilla flavors are now available! Email or call us to sign up and get started or to ask any questions.
You are also welcome to attend the class to learn more. We can order kits to ship to the office or directly to your house within a couple days should you decide to join us. If you are unable to attend the class, you may still participate. We have tips and advice we can email you so you can start on your own.
A Workshop for Parents at Thrive: Sensory Processing and Your Child
We are pleased to announce that Gina Vitucci will be teaching a workshop on January 23rd at 6:30 PM at Thrive. Read more to learn about Gina and the class:
Sensory processing is the foundation to our ability to learn as human beings. Understanding sensory processing and integration is an integral part and often
the missing link to parenting and understanding your child's development
- Do you feel that your child has a delay in their developmental skills?
- Does your child have frequent emotional outbursts?
- Does your child have a difficult time falling or staying asleep?
- Does your child have a difficult time playing with other children?
- Is your child a picky eater?
- Do you avoid public places with your child due to their behavior?
- Does he or she play the same way or exhibit similar play patterns every time they play with a toy or a friend?
- Does your child play too rough?
- Is your child always "on-the-go"?
- Is your child sensitive to the type of clothing they wear?
- Is he or she struggling during any part of their school day?
Perfect Posture? Relax, it's not about perfection...
In this video Dr. Greg Lehman explores when posture is important and when it is not. It's a five-minute video, but even if you just watch the first 45 seconds you will see that the man to first deadlift five times his body weight (yes 5x!) has a large scoliotic curve in his spine!
As this video shows, it is both inspiring and surprising to see how the human body can function (at world class levels) with something other than 'ideal' posture and biomechanics. I hope you will find it encouraging to see what is possible for your health and performance, even without 'perfection'!
He also shares research on the relationship between biomechanical factors and pain, challenging common beliefs of both patients and clinicians.
Keep Your New Year's Resolutions
Many people resolve to make life changes as the calendar turns each year. Social scientists tell us that 40% of us make resolutions yet only 4-6% achieve their resolutions. Here are a few tips I have learned to help you select and follow through on some changes for 2018, should you desire!
- Simplify - Too many resolutions are overwhelming. It is easier to make simple, consistent changes and build new habits. Don't over do it!
- Start with Why - Simon Sinek is right. The powerful question to ask yourself is "why do I want this?" This question will help you focus in and see if some of your potential goals and resolutions are truly important to you in terms of your highest values and priorities. It can help you 'rank' what goal or goals you want to choose, so you can SIMPLIFY. It may also help you eliminate some goals or resolutions that are not really than important to YOUR highest values. When you know your WHY, the WHAT and HOW become easier.
- Chunk it down - If one of your goals involves 'getting in better shape', you better get more clarity on this goal! Chunk down the steps you will use to get in better shape. Define what being in better shape means for you and chunk down how to get there. Help your brain wrap itself around the ways in which you can make this goal happen! For example, how many day each week will you do certain physical activities? What will they be? When will you git these into you schedule? The finer the details you can plan and visualize into your days, the better chance you can implement successfully!
Recipe of the Month: Slow Cooker Ethiopian Chicken and Lentil Stew
This Ethiopian Chicken and Lentil Stew is an easy meal to warm you up on a cold January day. It's made in the slow cooker too so you can throw it together in the morning and come home to a warm meal. And for those partaking in the Standard Process 21 Day Purification Program, this recipe is 100% compliant starting on day 11 if you use bone broth instead of chicken stock!