Upcoming Health Class Thursday June 21st from 7:15-8:00 PM: Solutions for Chronic Aches & Pains + Injury Prevention
This free workshop will be from 7:15-8:00 PM. We will meet in the spinning room at Revolution Fitness. This will be a
PARTICIPATION WORKSHOP. Dr. Pete will discuss the most common causes of chronic problems and then, together, we will go through stretches and exercises to help eliminate the problems. We will cover:
- Why does the pain keep returning to the same area time and time again?
- What is the best way to sleep? What about types of pillows and mattresses?
- Postural distortions and corrections
- Relationship between hydration and chronic pain, headaches, etc.
- The role of inflammation from food choices in chronic pain issues. The best exercises and stretches for low back pain, shoulder tension, neck pain, and more.
- Learn to use foam rollers and lacrosse balls to perform myofascial massage work on yourself.
- Answers to your questions...
As always, we welcome you to bring your friends and family members. Please RSVP if you are planning to attend. Important to get Chiropractic Check-up after Auto Accidents
Some of the most serious neck and back injuries can result from auto vehicle collisions. While many people in accidents feel pain right away, others feel very little or no discomfort for days or weeks afterward. I encourage all my clients to come in for evaluations after accidents so we can prevent chronic, recurring trouble for years down the road.
Common symptoms after collisions include headache, neck or back pain, difficulty moving through full range of motion, muscle tension or spasm, fatigue, and trouble sleeping.
The massive forces of a collision, even at low vehicle speeds or 'fender benders' can create ligament, muscle and tendon tearing injuries. Nerves can be impinged and vertebra misaligned, producing a variety of symptoms.
It is very common for people to come to the office weeks or a couple of months after an accident looking for help. They did not consider their injuries very bad, but they have not improved or even worsened over time. Some of these people were checked out
at the ER immediately after the accident, x-rayed and given pain pills and muscle relaxers. While x-rays can rule out fractures, pain pills and muscle relaxers will not assist the body in regaining full range of motion, realignment and tissue healing like chiropractic care.
It is much easier to help people involved in accidents right away, but even months or years later, healing is possible. Left untreated, the initial injuiries of whiplash and other accident injuries can create early degeneration in the spine - causing arthritis and more chronic conditions for years.
Please remember to schedule a check up for yourself or your loved ones after an auto accident. Office Closed in June at the following times:
Please be aware that we will be closed on the following dates this month:
- Wednesday, June 27 from 12:15 - 1:15*
(We will still be OPEN 8:00-11:45 and 3:30-6:30)
Recipe of the Month: Green Eggs and Ham (Paleo Avocado Deviled Eggs)
Most months I test out the recipe that I feature prior to recommending it. I found this recipe only a few days ago and have not tried it yet, but it looks awesome!
The recipe comes from this website
, lifeasaplate.com. It's a simple recipe for summer that includes super nutrient-dense foods eggs and avocado. If you want to use homemade mayo for the recipe, remember to get Nourishing Traditions
, by Sally Fallon, or click here
for a similar recipe. The advantage of homemade mayo is using high quality fats like olive oil instead of soybean or canola oil in most commercial mayo.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. mayo (homemade is best)
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard (or 1/2 tsp. mustard powder)
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, remove yolks and place in bowl.
- Place the hollowed-out eggs on a platter facing up.
- Add avocado and other ingredients to the bowl and mash with a fork until creamy.
- Add mix to ziploc bag, squeeze all air out, and make sure it’s sealed very well.
- Snip off the bottom of one corner to create a makeshift pastry bag.
- Squeeze the mixture into the egg halves.
- Sprinkle the top with the cooked, chopped, crispy bacon!
Thrive Chiropractic Mobile Phone App now available
Do you have trouble remembering what the office hours are? Not sure when we are available in Mt. Adams and when we are in Oakley? If you have a smartphone, just go to our website on your device.
An image will appear instructing you to 'tap to install' the Thrive Chiro app on your home screen. Once you tap the image, you will have quick access to hours and location information. We hope this is helpful for you!